(That's what MacBeth tells Lady MacBeth after he commits his first murder. I, however, did not murder anyone. Unless dust mites count. In which case, I murdered a lot...)
We did it. We "finished" the house. We were there until 2:00 a.m. this morning working on it. It's really lovely, in that "this house no longer has any personality and everything is beige" kind of way. Of course, when I say we "finished" it, I don't mean the basement. Though I spent at least SIX hours working on the basement yesterday. This time around I'm trying to do things right--which means that I'm going through absolutely everything in old boxes to see what can be thrown away--which is a lot. I probably dumped a thousand cassette tapes yesterday. And this is just the beginning.
(Brian asked me why I was keeping all the vinyl records. HELLO!!! DOES HE NOT KNOW ME AT ALL???)
So it's done. Today the ol' house will go on the market, if everything on that end goes smoothly. Fortunately, that part isn't my problem. It's my realtor's problem. My 15-year-old-looking realtor who has probably never even SEEN a cassette tape and yet he gets to order me around condescendingly. Oh well. He's just trying to do his job...and make a fortune off of us...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You threw away cassette tapes?!?!?! I feel like it's the end of an era . . . all those mix tapes we used to make for each other when we were away for the summer. Sigh. I guess they had to go sometime though!
Congrats on finishing the house and good luck with the sale!! Love you!
Congrats on the house! You RULE!
Post a Comment