Hello? Is there anyone out there? Have I been greatly missed?
Oh, it has been SO crazy. I don't even know where to begin. I will spare you many of the details, but here's a basic run-down of my last few days:
Every day begins with pawning the kids off on whoever is willing to take them. And then I go to the Saratoga house and clean. And scrub. And pack. And organize. And scrub. And clean. And make ten million trips a day to Alpine, Saratoga, and Provo, all of which are a half hour away from each other. A lovely triangle. Much like the Bermuda Triangle, in that I lose something--sanity--almost every time I drive it.
We were supposed to put our house on the market last Thursday, but it didn't happen. We just didn't get enough done in time. I can't believe how much more work this has turned out to be than I originally thought (and believeme, I originally thought it would be TONS of work).
In the last week, we've painted walls, had drywall repaired, had carpet installed and other carpet replaced, had all the floors professionally cleaned, and the yard has been uber-tidied. Today I spent almost the ENTIRE DAY cleaning the master bathroom. Yup. One whole day. One tiny bathroom. One bathroom down, two bathrooms to go.
Shoot me now.
The kids are taking it all in stride. They've been wonderful. Mind you, it hasn't been easy for them. They are confused and concerned and bewildered by the whirlwind of it all. Nathan has had the hardest time. He misses me a lot. Every day when I come to get him from whoever has been babysitting he comes running to me with so much joy and screaming, "MAMA!!!" He leaps into my arms and doesn't let me put him down. No one else can touch me, no one else can touch him.
There are so many reasons to want all of this craziness to end, but the main one for me is that I miss my kids. A lot.
The house is now scheduled to be officially listed on Wednesday. We are working like crazy to meet that deadline. We don't have the option of NOT meeting that deadline at this point, since our other house will be finished in possibly as soon as 6 weeks. GACK! We gotta get our Saratoga house SOLD!!!
Come on, SURELY someone out there wants a lovely 5 bedroom, 3 full bathroom, 3200 sq ft house with new carpet and fresh paint and lake and mountain views. SURELY?? If so, it's yours. Special price if you mention this ad. *wink*wink*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh, Anne! You poor thing, so much work! Just think, in a matter of horus it will be up for sale and someone will offer you thousands over the asking price and it will sell in under a week! Yep, that is my prediction. I'm curious to see what your lovely house looks like all "up for sale", could you post some pics? I'd love it! I mean...I'm sure you have enough spare time to do that, right?
Post a Comment