As I was explaining my plight to Brian, telling him that I had to come up with five things that Kate doesn't know about me, he slid his arms around me, began kissing my neck, and whispered, "I bet I know five things about you that Kate doesn't know."
AHEM. THOSE THINGS WILL NOT BE POSTED HERE!!!
I'm blushing.
BUT! It did make me realize that there are some less, well, PRIVATE things that Brian knows about me that probably no ones else does. In particular, I refer to sleeping habits.
I go to bed fully dressed. I mean shirt, long pants, socks. If any one of those things is missing, I can't sleep. This dates back to my "war days" (haha, that sounds so dramatic) when living in Israel during the Gulf War when I was 12. We would so often have air raid sirens during the night that would send us racing to the bomb shelter--where we would meet 30 or so other people. There was no time to worry about what you were (or weren't!) wearing, and after having one or two awkward moments, we just got into the habit of going to bed fully dressed and ready to meet the world at a moment's notice.
Just by way of clarification, though, nowadays I don't sleep fully dressed because I'm worried that I might have to run to a bomb shelter in the middle of the night anymore. I just learned during those nights when I HAD to be fully clothed that I am more comfortable that way.
But should bombs fall on Saratoga Springs, I'll be ready. Well, I'll be dressed, anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am actually relieved that I don't know THOSE kinds of things about you!! Sheesh, if I did we'd be in trouble!
Post a Comment